Thread: A note on back-seat moderation

Doesn't post enough  Aura Leader 
     Administrator 

A note on back-seat moderation

I've noticed a trend where certain people have been feeling that certain topics have been inappropriate or in the wrong place or whatever and have pointed it out in replies. I really do appreciate your trying to help maintain order and structure on the forum, but I'd really prefer that you leave those types of judgement calls to people who actually have moderator permissions. Namely, Sheron and I. We may pick up a moderator as the forums continue to grow, but right now we're the only two who have the real say so about what belongs where and what is inappropriate or not.

Of course, if you ever see something blatantly wrong or inappropriate, you can always click the report post button (upside down triangle with exclamation mark) in the top right corner of the post and I will be instantly notified via email. But for the other stuff, I appreciate your opinion, but arguing about whether or not it's correct just makes things more cluttered than they need to be so I'd prefer you leave it to us.

Thanks.
    Zaggeh
    Clylla Game & Guild Portal Admin/Webmaster
    Aura Co-Leader
    (Website/Forum donation link)

Re: A note on back-seat moderation

well dex,IMO
    u better get a moderator to help you organize forum,and i think hayco or Freedomviper would fit that role
    perhaps it's a bit subjective but i think they qualified

[GC] Aura Guild Leader  Aura Leader  Sheron's Avatar

Not to be rude, but I think you should let Deraxian or me decide whether anyone is qualified.

Your random, PandaLion-loving, Asian, slightly crazy, usually sleep deprived, cute-loving female Co-Leader since Oct 6, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheron
    Not to be rude, but I think you should let Deraxian or me decide whether anyone is qualified.
    Argee with Sheron and also Cheng If I for example become Mod I must also become Guild General in GC self
    otherwise I can't let people join the Guild through the forums and don't forget how many generals do we have already in the guild on GC ?
    Because I don't know If there is a limit of generals and also I have never seen Sherrysher on but I guess he/she is on when I'm either off ,
    sleeping , at school or somewhere else .

Pkmn black friend code : 2322 6398 9691

[GC] Aura Guild Leader  Aura Leader  Sheron's Avatar

*CherrySherry

Don't worry about her.

I don't think there's a limit to Generals, but it'd be pointless to appoint everyone a General.

I don't think Mods have to be Generals and vice versa, but it sure makes things easy. And already we have more than enough Generals.

Your random, PandaLion-loving, Asian, slightly crazy, usually sleep deprived, cute-loving female Co-Leader since Oct 6, 2010.

*CherrySherry

Don't worry about her.
    Maybe it'd help Hayco understand if you say that it's your alternate account ;P
    Since the above sounded kinda vague :lol:
    Char lvls: El 42 | Li 46 | Ar 55 | La 40 | Ry 40 | Ro 41 | Am 40 | Ji 41 | Si 45 | Ma 40 | Di 73 | Ze 50

Made by DarkFreedom :3

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomviper
    *CherrySherry

Don't worry about her.
    Maybe it'd help Hayco understand if you say that it's your alternate account ;P
    Since the above sounded kinda vague :lol:
    :lol:

Pkmn black friend code : 2322 6398 9691

Daydreamer  Super Moderator  Covo27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChenWangShen
    well dex,IMO
    u better get a moderator to help you organize forum,and i think hayco or Freedomviper would fit that role
    perhaps it's a bit subjective but i think they qualified
    I must say. Alot has happened in between the period where Dex first mad this post, and when you responded to it. 2 months and sixteen days to be exact.

This message is brought to you by your ever present, never serious friend Covo

Doesn't post enough  Aura Leader 
     Administrator 

I appreciate everyone's feedback, but it's not really a subject I'm willing to discuss. I don't really want a bunch of moderators, and if I did see an obvious need for more, I'd pick them myself or consult with a specific group of people on it.
    Zaggeh
    Clylla Game & Guild Portal Admin/Webmaster
    Aura Co-Leader
    (Website/Forum donation link)