Thread: Infestation: Survivor Stories and Server details

Forum Obsessor  Super Moderator  Ruze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Infestation: Survivor Stories and Server details

Infestation: Survivor Stories

The know how:

"Infestation: Survivor Stories is a zombie survival horror MMO. Based five years in the future following a horrendous viral outbreak of apocalyptic proportions that destroyed 95% of the world’s population, you must survive against all odds. Scavenge, defend yourself, band with others, or die in the process – your life is in your own hands." - Official website

Hello, everyone. For those of you who don't know, Infestation Survivor Stories is a pay-to-play (not subscription based) MMO, where you and others can scavenge for supplies and fend off against various threats; mainly zombies and players alike. There is a hunger system implemented where if you don't eat and drink, you will become weak and eventually die. The vast landscape is for the most part explorable, with a few exceptions such as closed buildings, and is littered (and when I say littered, I mean they've been thrown away like unwanted empty cups) with various clothing, food, and weaponry. The main threats, the zombies, rely on sound and hearing for them to notice you. This will allow a player to maneuver around stealthily, unless you purposely shine a flash-light right down a zombies eyes, then they'll notice.

Multiplayer works like this. Each character you make can enter any server (PvP: Where anyone can kill you or PvE: Where players cannot kill you) created officially by the game developers or by other people that has rented a server. The items you collect from one server is yours to keep, and you can go use those items on other servers. You also gain in-game money from killing zombies and can be used towards things on the marketplace (I'll touch up on that in a bit). There is no leveling up in the game, but there are skills you can learn to make your character more worthy of surviving in the wild. However, if something were to happen to that character such as death, you will drop all your items (including store bought items), and your character will be inaccessible for a set duration (if I remember, an hour). You can however use currency to immediately reduce that timer to zero and resume playing. You can attempt to pick up your drop items although I am not sure how long the de-spawn timer is. You will respawn in a new location of the map every time you make a new character or die.

The game does have an in-game store called the marketplace. The marketplace is a place where you can use real money or in-game money to purchase various goods such as food, weapon accessories such as scopes or silencers, medicine, various hats and bags and armour, and finally ammunition and melee weapons. The argument whether to call this a pay-to-play game as well as pay-to-win game is anyone's guess. Mass majority of the items sold in the marketplace is purchasable with in-game currency you receive from killing zombies or trading with other players (yes there is trading). However eager others will have it easier by purchasing items fairly easy. All purchasable cash items are cheap, and for a good but awful reason. You can spend $5 USD and receive 625 GC currency. Foods and supplies varies from 5GC to about 45GC on average. As every item is not permanent, once you die with that character with the items, you will drop everything. So it makes sense that the cash items cost like penny change, but its horrendous that the option to pay with real money for something you can lose digitally is available (but that's just my opinion).

Last but not least, player community. There are clans and leaderboards implemented in the game, as well as special servers called Strongholds (public or private) servers that players can own for their own purposes. It's essentially a safe haven for anyone there.

Press and publicity:

Most people will look at Infestation: Survivor Stories and call it bland, awful, generic, a DayZ clone. For the most part, I don't have too much of an issue with the game, but for others its different. Infestation: Survivor Stories was initially called War Z, and right after its launch date, it received horrendous reviews and criticism. Things such as people paid for features they read was in the game but was clearly not in there, hackers were abundant, and player killing was everywhere. At the time, there were no private servers. So it was a massive free for all in a massive open world. With these turn of events, it was eventually pulled out of Steam and re-instated as Infestation: Survivor Stories. After months of work, the game... has not been fleshed out. They have implemented private servers and PvP and PvE servers, but not much changes other than optimizations done.

Myself:

For myself, I have followed the game when the game was still in alpha. I purchased their game with extra benefits such as bonus money for the market to start off with. At the time, the game had promises and held its ground, and for the most part I liked it. It all turned sour when the launch date ruined the player experience with the outrageous amount of kill on sight and hacking running amock. I turned away from the game for many months, until I saw it again on Steam, just re-branded as Infestation: Survivor Stories. I decided to give it a shot, and I later learned that I can finally use the money I was credited towards renting a server of my choosing - a private server. The only and one reason I used almost all that money credited to me was because I purchased a game long ago in hopes to play something enjoyable. And to see that there's a chance that I can rent my own server without a lot of bull---- players around is a breath of fresh air for me.

Server details:

The server details are as follows:
    • Server name: Clylla: Aura
    • Map location: Colorado
    • Server location: United States of America
    • Maximum amount of players allowed at a time: 50
    • Settings:
      • Nameplates are visible
      • Crosshairs are not visible
      • Tracers are not visible

• Password: thecakedoesnotlie

At this point on, the server will continue to run 24/7, unless there is server maintenance (which is subjective to the game developers) and everyone is welcome to use this world as they please.
    I do believe PvP is active, as there isn't a real indicator for me at the moment whether. The only thing I can ask from anyone using this server is to show some courtesy towards others, and must abide by Clylla guidelines. Anyone can do as they please for the most part.

The server will run for a duration of one month, and I will see to it that if requested by multiple people, will extend the rent on the server. If anyone has any questions, my Steam ID is Ruze, or you can send a private message here on the forums and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

The game is fun, everyone, if you're not bogged down by the horrendous plague that is called kill on sight and hacking.

Special Notes:

Steam summer sale 2013 is on! Steam link

From now till 44 hours from now (which is 3:52 PM CST)
    Special sale price: Infestation: Survivor Stories - -75% at 3.74 USD

Until July 22nd
    Normal sale price: Infestation: Survivor Stories - -50% at 7.99 USD (I believe)

Normal retail price: Infesation: Survivor Stories - 14.99

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	media_wallp03.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	2274  

Doesn't post enough  Aura Leader 
     Administrator 
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually extremely broke right now, can't even afford dinner. But, since you went through all that trouble to set up our own server (how much did that cost you? sounds expensive), I went ahead and bought it with a credit account.

Looking forward to checking it out. I'll hop in tomorrow after work probably.
    Zaggeh
    Clylla Game & Guild Portal Admin/Webmaster
    Aura Co-Leader
    (Website/Forum donation link)

Moderator  Aura General 
     Super Moderator 
    Blog Entries
    what are the specs you need for it?

oh my the Shooting -Point has captured my attention ihave to give this a try.
    The Leveling up would have been a + thou

Blog Entries
    @Zaggeh - Servers are available for anyone for rent provided by the Game Developers. The credited money they gave me as a special bundle back then was put towards the server. I don't know the number straight off my head, but I'll check in due time. But if I had to guess, 30 to 50 USD. It's a big range, but around there.

@Tamomo - The system requirements are as follows:

System requirements (From Steam)

• Minimum
      • Windows Vista or Windows 7
      • Processor: 2.4GHZ Quad Core or better
      • Memory: 4GB RAM
      • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5850
      • DirextX: 9.0
      • Hard drive: 3GB HD space
      • Sound: Windows compatible sound card
      • Other requirements: Broadband internet connection

• Recommended
      • Windows 7
      • Processor: 2.4GHZ Quad Core or better
      • Memory: 4GB RAM
      • DirextX: 9.0b
      • Hard drive: 3GB HD space
      • Sound: Windows compatible sound card
      • Other requirements: Broadband internet connection

@lchachal - It would be interesting to see leveling up, yes.

"An error was encountered while processing your request:
    This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Im done with it QQ

Blog Entries
    @DarkCool, did you attempt that in Steam or through their main official website?

Moderator  Aura General 
     Super Moderator 
    Blog Entries
    i wont be able to run it sorry working on getting a better computer though

through steam

Blog Entries
    Thread Update.

The lease on the server has already expired, but I plan to renew it in a future date. Such date has not been decided upon. If you have any questions regarding the game and the server, feel free to leave a private message.