PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Hearts Closed Beta

Lyzeofkiel
07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
So it appears I applied for the new Perfect World Entertainment game, Rusty Hearts. I don't remember when I did this but oh well. I guess I made it since the email told me so :P Um anyway! They gave me two extra CB keys for other people obviously and while I doubt I will play too much, I wasn't sure if anyone else wanted to try the game. So if you want, just let me know and I can give a key :) First two to ask will get them, but not like I will be hurt if no one wants them either :D

That is all!

ZenithZero
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Heya, I've seen Rusty Hearts as well, and I'll like to try it ^-^

Pringer X
07-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I've seen Rusty Hearts and will check that game out as well once closed beta opens.

Lyzeofkiel
07-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Alrighty then! I'll PM you two the keys. :)

ZenithZero
07-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Thank You. ^-^

Lyzeofkiel
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
So because I misunderstood Pringer's post, I still have one more key. It's open to anyone that wants it :)

Zaggeh
07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I wasn't really interested in this game, but had some email about it with a video in it and then I realized it wasn't just another generic perfect world mmorpg, I decided to try it out.

So yeah, I'll be playing the beta. Sheron and I are both already registered.

Lyzeofkiel
07-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Well this is a surprise. I didn't think many others would be playing too :) I guess I will see you all in game eventually. :P

Pringer X
07-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Anyone excited to try out this game? Rusty Hearts will open on July 27, which is coming up soon.

Lyzeofkiel
07-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't say "excited" but definitely eager to play. I'm really excited for Nexon's Dragon Nest which is open beta the 26th. Rusty Hearts is basically my back up in case the first one doesn't work out. I'll still give at least a week on it, which is my usual trial time for a game. :)

Pringer X
07-28-2011, 03:57 AM
I just tried out Rusty Hearts and it was pretty fun, but there are a few glaring flaws with it. The most notable flaws are: stamina system, weight system, and durability system.

Stamina is a really annoying one to deal with, especially for people who really grinds their levels. Once anyone is out of stamina, they will NOT be able to complete any stage quests or receive any experience at all, so once anyone is out of stamina, the only thing they can really do is just farm. Although people can only go on farming runs when there's no stamina, the drop rates are also reduced when there's no stamina. The only way to also restore stamina is to wait for the reset. Developers needs to stop trying to act like parents with the stamina crap.

The weight system is also annoying for all the packrats out there. Not only does the player have to watch out how much space they have left, but they also have to watch out for how much their whole inventory weighs.

Finally, there's the durability system which is far more tolerable than the stamina, but is a money sink. For anyone that has trouble with making money, this will have a bit of impact on them. On the bright side, the maximum durability doesn't seem like it can go down.

Lyzeofkiel
07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
I found the game quite entertainable. I certainly agree with Pringer about the flaws though. Besides the extreme unknown wait time prior to the release, stamina is the biggest flaw. I fail to see the purpose in games with limited stamina, and I fail to even SEE a stamina bar in game...I honestly didn't look all that hard, but it's not labed or anything. For my character, I chose Angela the witch with a huge sword :) On a different note, the controls are slightly difficult to adjust to. It can require someone to use the arrow keys, the left side of the keyboard, and the mouse nearly at the same time.
I do enjoy looking at the game. The artwork for cutscenes and the little room you start in everytime you log in is very pleasing to the eyes. I play in low quality and it still is nice.
Over all, the game isn't bad and surely worth time.

Zaggeh
07-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Haven't played yet, but from what it sounds like, the stamina system isn't actually all that bad. If you can continue to play and even get drops (albeit at a reduced rate) when you're out of stamina, then that's a huge improvement over DFO and Vindictus. It's about time someone realized that players may want to help friends and stuff, even when they're out of stamina.

I don't really care about experience and grinding that much, so I'm fine if I can only advance my character for maybe an hour or two a day as long as I can keep playing to help friends. Play Dungeon Fighter Online, once you're out of stamina, you're pretty much through for the day. Even if you've got a friend who needs help clearing a certain stage, you can't help them.

Lyzeofkiel
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
This stamina system isn't all that bad now. I found the bar for it and it decreases quite slowly. So far, the game has yet to disappoint me :)

Pringer X
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Even though stamina may last a while, I still don't agree with having any sort of limits like that. Especially with how there's no way to refill the stamina except for waiting for the reset. There's also plenty of people (http://rustyhearts-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=60571) who don't want any sort of stamina system. Even though they can still help out friends and go farming dungeons, the player can't unlock new dungeons without any stamina. Even though it's not like Valkyrie Sky's stamina system either where you can't do any stages without any, it's still annoying to deal with.

Pringer X
08-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Some more news about Closed Beta. They've sent out surveys (http://rustyhearts-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=79871) to people who's logged in before and wants people's opinions about the game. Everyone who's already played before probably noticed it in their inbox though, but for anyone that fills it out, they're getting a free storage expansion for the survey and may listen to people's opinions.

Lyzeofkiel
08-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately, I have stopped playing Rusty Hearts. I just couldn't get into it like other games. It was fun and all, but probably just not my cup of tea. :(

Zaggeh
08-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Unfortunately, I have stopped playing Rusty Hearts. I just couldn't get into it like other games. It was fun and all, but probably just not my cup of tea. :(

Maybe Sheron and I haven't played it enough, but I kind of feel the same way. It just seemed too generic.

Pringer X
08-08-2011, 04:20 AM
The game was also hideously easy though too. I was still able to solo the level 20 dungeons on Very Hard difficulty without much trouble.

Lyzeofkiel
08-08-2011, 06:15 AM
I didn't get past level 7 :( I think one of my main disappointments was that there seemed to be no community. No one just wanted to talk or even have a casual group dungeon run. I kept getting rushed and while I know it's closed beta, I had an issue with the interface for talking to NPCs. I don't even know why, it just bothered me :P

Pringer X
09-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Since Rusty Hearts is out of the Closed Beta phase and now into the Open Beta phase, has anyone been playing it lately? It's great that they at least got rid of stamina, but they left in the stamina bar for some reason though.

Zaggeh
10-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Downloaded it (On Steam, woot!), but haven't got around to playing it with work and stuff yet.

The beta was fun for the one day that Sheron and I actually played it. :-P