PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite anime?

Lyzeofkiel
04-17-2011, 12:34 PM
So first of all, I'm looking for a new anime :P and also, I'm curious what people think a good anime is.

My favorite anime is probably Air Gear. It's just awesome. Then after that is Kenichi:History's Strongest Disciple.

So post your favorite :D Lets see what's a common one.

DarkFreedom
04-17-2011, 12:39 PM
If your looking for a new anime, read our guilds blog.

http://anime.clylla.com/

Lyzeofkiel
04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Lol I'm aware of the animes out:) I'm just wondering what others think is a good one and maybe if I have not previously tried it, actually can.

Ruze
04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
I'll throw out whatever I can think of. I've seen far too many good ones to recommend to you which I already forgotten most of their names. In anycase, :

Eureka Seven and Fractale are both good. They are both similar in ideas and share striking similarities except Fractale is a much shorter series. If i might say, Fractale is powerful and an alluring story.

Birdy the Mighty Decode is also a good choice. Has a compelling story.

Baccano is hilarious and has a believable story.

Bartender is a good introduction to alcohol, i'm not saying you should drink.

Although it may be slightly old, the series One Piece, Black Jack, and Detective Conan are all classics that I ABSOLUTELY love.

If you're into action, guns, or gore, i'll suggest Black Lagoon, Hellsing,

Although i'm not a racing fan, the anime Capeta is a great story about a boy growing up later to be known as a world class F1 racer.

If you're in the mood for watching something cute and adorable, Chobits, Zero no Tsukaima.

Something weird and funny and thought provoking (in more ways than one), Kore wa Zombie Desuka?

Or how about mecha? Gundam Unicorn, Gundam 00, Gundam Wing, Star Driver, Patlabor, Break Blade, Star Driver, Zone of the Enders, Golden Age, Vandread, Infinite Ryvius

World Destruction, is also a good adventure type anime.

If you want horror, i'd suggest Hell Girl. There is also Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and School Days. Both are very shrewd and mentally provoking and quite powerful and are both good, maybe too good that I can't bare to rewatch it but it has lasting memories.

Well that's all I can muster out of my noggin. I would have continued color coding the different titles, but it got redundant and I got lazy. I have so much else to recommend, but that will be for another time -once I start remembering them at least-. Bah very professional of me.

Zaggeh
04-17-2011, 03:32 PM
My favorite anime is probably Air Gear. It's just awesome. Then after that is Kenichi:History's Strongest Disciple.

Air Gear was pretty cool! Kenichi is really neat too, I just started watching that one a few weeks ago (still waiting on the season 2 DVDs from Netflix, grrr) I even wrote an article about it.

According to my very very incomplete list (kinda neglected over the last few years) at myanimelist.net (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zagreus), the only title I ever gave a perfect 10/10 to was fate/Stay Night, so I guess you could say that's my favorite. I'm not really a man of favorites though, I just couldn't really find any flaws in that one. I'm usually very critical and rarely give a score over 8.

Another one I really like was the .hack series, particularly .hack//SIGN, and of course I have to give proper credit to what me got started on the road to anime obsession, which was Slayers. Lina Inverse rocks.

David12
04-23-2011, 12:14 AM
1. Shaman King
2. Hikaru no Go
3. NANA
4. Bleach
5. Naruto
6. Samurai Champloo
7. Ouran High School Host Club
8. Oban (even if it maybe isn`t in anime category)
9. Full Moon wo Sagashite

Zaggeh
04-23-2011, 01:22 AM
1. Shaman King
2. Hikaru no Go
3. NANA
4. Bleach
5. Naruto
6. Samurai Champloo

+100 respect for naming some of my favorites. I loved Hikaru no Go. I was so sad when it was over and I was like "Aww, I want more."

-100 respect for your signature though. I'd rather not have any traffic from these forums to those kinds of sites, sorry.

Lyzeofkiel
04-23-2011, 08:46 AM
1. Shaman King
2. Hikaru no Go
3. NANA
4. Bleach
5. Naruto
6. Samurai Champloo
Ah nice! If only Naruto wasn't there, it would have been a near perfect list :P Ouran Host Club is great. I wish they would have done more, but I guess they kinda finished the story.

ZenithZero
05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
My favorite Anime are:
1- Clannad
2- Angel Beats
3- Toradora
4- Rosario + Vampire
5- Full Metal Alchemist
6- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
7- Midori No Hibi
8- Lucky Star
9- Sora No Otoshimono
10- Elfen Lied
11- Neon Genesis Evangelion

There were also other good Anime that I "kind of" like, but because of certain reasons I didn't include on the list. Some examples are High School of the Dead and Seikon No Qwaser, and if you have seen those before; then you probably know what I mean.

Lyzeofkiel
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Zenith, you have some interesting tastes! :P You start out with some romance in Clannad, then go into Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni with the horror. I never did like Lucky Star though :( Now, what do you have against Highschool of the Dead? It was really good! Seikon was extremely...exposing to say the least. So I see why that wouldn't make it the list. It also didn't have much of a strong story. I just liked the action.

ZenithZero
05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I didn't really like High School of the Dead because of the excessive fanservice, since it became extremely irritating after a while. I don't have anything against fanservice, in small quantities fanservice is just fine, but HOTD kinda overused that concept.
And when it comes to Seikon, I really like the idea of having characters with the ability of controlling elements, it is really interesting. But the ways of recovering soma did not appeal to me.

And yeah, the genres of Anime that I like tend to be really broad.
I can watch romance, horror, psychological, tragedies, comedy, and so on.

dkaiser81
05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Well theres alot of different styles of anime that are good so i'll list my favs in genre:
1. sci fi: Gundam Wing, GGundam, Gundam 00, Express 999, Vandread.
2. fighting: Fighting Spirit, Kenichi, the Grappler Baki, Fate/stay night.
3. action: Claymore, Samurai 7, Chrome Shelled Regios, Utewararumono, Bleach.
4. ecchi: Queen's Blade, Freezing, Girl's Bravo, Dears, Chobits
5. Hayao Miyazaki: Ponyo, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, Tottoro, Pom Poko, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind.

and these are just a few the I watch daily and are some of my favorites.

Ruze
06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Have to give you respect points for even mentioning him, Hayao Miyazaki. And out of all the great anime's that you've mentioned such as Gundam Wing, Vandread, Utewararumono, Chobits, and all the other movies, DearS is the one I rarely hear from others. That anime is so adorable, it makes me want to adopt a slave--er "DearS". Great list my friend.

Ruze

Lyzeofkiel
06-02-2011, 01:27 PM
[quote="dkaiser81"]Hayao Miyazaki: Ponyo, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, Tottoro, Pom Poko, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind.[quote]
Ahh that brings back so many memories of my friends and I watching Spirited Away and Howl's. Just for that, I think I will find Howl's online and watch it. It's my favorite of Miyazaki's work.