PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp???

TouchTheSky
11-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes I'm aware that I'm almost out of memory but can someone explain to me why my (D:) has more memory than my (C:) It doesn't make sense and it's a pain to have only 75 gb to use I mean I have to clear so many things if I want to download something new and I kind of want to play Assassin's creed on my laptop and I just ldjaglfdkafla

Sheron
11-18-2012, 05:45 PM
How much stuff DO you have on there? o_O

xkevinx007
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM
hello aznhalo3,

First of all i will need screenshots of the properties of both C and D,
second, do you use any kind of external hard drive?
and finally third, i need you to send me a report with HiJackThis which you can download in http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/
answer all the questions above so i can give you an answer of what your problem is.

Regards,
Kevin Espinal

Ruze
11-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Your best bet is to redirect your folders directories to your D Drive, and make your D Drive your priority drive for saving and loading massive files like games, videos, music, etc. This way you can save space on your C Drive. Your OS also takes a bit of space on your Hard Drive. Although this is just redirecting files to a new Hard Drive. I wouldn't know, but if you only have 1 Hard Drive, it'll mean your D Drive is a partition of your C Drive. If you want to re-join the D Drive back into C e.g, making it all into one big and singular Drive (namely C Drive), it'll mean you have to format your D Drive.

If you want to do some digging around in your C Drive, Go to your Start Menu > Control Panel > Either type in "Folder Options" on the search bar, or search it manually > Go to thew View tab, and ensure the options for Hidden Files and Folders is set to "Show Hidden files and Folders". You can then find your "Temp" folder in your C Drive, and remove any files as you see fit, but not exactly recommended.

Alternatively, but it's just mainly to help your computers performance, is to use the Disk Defragmenter tool on your computer. What it does basically re-organizes your files so they can be accessed better.

In my own case, I have a 120 GB Solid State Drive that I mainly use just to boot up my system with. And the only thing I have saved on there, and nothing else, is my OS - which takes about 9 GB's. I save and load everything else from my 2 TB Hard Drive.

I'm 99% sure I didn't answer your question, and I just 100% rabbled.

It could be Virus, but... we'll see.

TouchTheSky
11-19-2012, 03:12 AM
hello aznhalo3,

First of all i will need screenshots of the properties of both C and D,
second, do you use any kind of external hard drive?
and finally third, i need you to send me a report with HiJackThis which you can download in http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/
answer all the questions above so i can give you an answer of what your problem is.

Regards,
Kevin Espinal

Hey Kevin,
Here is a screen shot of them side by side 849
I use a 500gb External Hard drive, a Seagate free agent go flex
and I got this big wall of text after the scan
I put it on my tumblr here's the link http://rubber-luffy.tumblr.com/post/36060959287/more-logfile-of-trend-micro-hijackthis

TouchTheSky
11-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Your best bet is to redirect your folders directories to your D Drive, and make your D Drive your priority drive for saving and loading massive files like games, videos, music, etc. This way you can save space on your C Drive. Your OS also takes a bit of space on your Hard Drive. Although this is just redirecting files to a new Hard Drive. I wouldn't know, but if you only have 1 Hard Drive, it'll mean your D Drive is a partition of your C Drive. If you want to re-join the D Drive back into C e.g, making it all into one big and singular Drive (namely C Drive), it'll mean you have to format your D Drive.

If you want to do some digging around in your C Drive, Go to your Start Menu > Control Panel > Either type in "Folder Options" on the search bar, or search it manually > Go to thew View tab, and ensure the options for Hidden Files and Folders is set to "Show Hidden files and Folders". You can then find your "Temp" folder in your C Drive, and remove any files as you see fit, but not exactly recommended.

Alternatively, but it's just mainly to help your computers performance, is to use the Disk Defragmenter tool on your computer. What it does basically re-organizes your files so they can be accessed better.

In my own case, I have a 120 GB Solid State Drive that I mainly use just to boot up my system with. And the only thing I have saved on there, and nothing else, is my OS - which takes about 9 GB's. I save and load everything else from my 2 TB Hard Drive.

I'm 99% sure I didn't answer your question, and I just 100% rabbled.

It could be Virus, but... we'll see.

You did not answer my question at all hehe but actually you've suggested what my friend suggested to do and gave me some info so your ramble isn't totally useless

How much stuff DO you have on there? o_O
Well that's the thing, I have basically nothing on here, I have all my games and shows on an external hard drive
but my main drive only has 75 gb for some reason and let's be reasonable, that's not enough space for anybody.